17 February 2010

allow me to be a bit cliche, if i may: it's just been one of those days.

I know everyone has a day when absolutely everything is frustrating or just goes completely wrong.  A day when everything feels like work.  A day when you are, as crappy as it sounds, just surviving. 

I have had plenty, and today was one of them. 

I learned something on this blue day.  On days like today, I want to come home to someone to share it with and to laugh and cry it out with.   I decided that I'm done living alone.  I want a roommate ASAP, and not a canine roommate.  Living solo for this year has been a good stint through which I have learned some things, but I'm ready to get back to sharing life with people.  

I have learned so much about myself and have literally become an adult within the context of sharing day to day life with roommates...in community.  I've learned to cook and clean, organize, celebrate little things,  take time alone, listen, listen, listen, ask questions, share, be present, and to have an open door most of the time.  I also learned that everyone has annoying habits - especially me, and that ending the day with a hot meal and a friend is the best therapy.  Most importantly: Love is Patient. 
 
What about you?  Do you prefer living alone or with roommates? What have you learned about yourself from living with other people?

Just a shout out to all my former fabulous rommates. I have had many, and I love and miss them all!  I miss sharing my great days and my blue days with you guys, and I miss hearing about yours.  So, here's to you for helping me grow up!
Leah Smith, Corrie Beene, Sarah Powell Gong, Phyllis DeWeerdt Reeves, Leigh Anne Foster, Katie Laird Maxwell,  Natalie Walden, and Eden Hegwood Blackwell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment